Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why Parents Shouldn't Get The Remote

Scene set

Dramatic pause as the dark villain with the bloody knife stalks the young girl as she scrambles to open the door of her house to escape almost certain death.

She flings it open and slams it behind her as she sobs and runs up the stairs.

The dark villain reaches for the doorknob with his free hand and just as he is about to open it... my dad pauses the show to exclaim, "Look at the crown molding around that door, the white lines would look good on the new front door wouldn't they?"

All I can do is fall over as yet another suspenseful scene is ruined by my parents who are now discussing architecture and the bad guy waits patiently for the time when he is able to open the door and finish his horrifying mission.

I mean come on! Seriously!?! Parents just cannot be trusted with the remote.

And off-topic, a hint for my next post (I was going to do it this one but I lost an essential piece needed and must find it) I reveal the true and hidden purpose behind this blog.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment