Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just Shoot Me Now

So I was feeling pretty bored and decided to listen to that wonderfully inept song that we all know, "Friday" by Rebecca Black. And I'm just going to start of with how STUPID it sounds, it's like yeah we get it, you couldn't figure out what to write so you turned a diary entry into a song. But thanks to you Miss Black, I now hate Fridays, they used to be my favorite day of the week, but alas I am ow doomed to be forever thinking on every single Friday that "yesterday was Thursday.... tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes after that". Seriously, just shoot me now and get it over with because I just heard that she is going to be working on her debut album which means that while today we may be lucky enough not to have to listen to her on the radio, tomorrow we may not be so fortunate. I dread the day that I turn on the stereo and I have to hear that girl's voice come out of it. And when I think about it I can only wonder how many car crashes in the future will be the result of spontaneous seizures due to accidentally listening to her sing for more than ten seconds while driving.
The only thing, that for me, makes it a little bit better, is that for the life of me I cannot remember that her first name is Rebecca, yesterday when I started this post, and then fell asleep at my desk and accidentally erased it, I called her Melissa Black like 30 times which makes me laugh for some pathetic reason. but maybe it speaks of hope for our future in which her entirely creepy jump/rise to fame will immediately die out and no one will remember anything about her, like the fact that she is living proof that when your parents have enough money you truly can do anything (including ruin a country, yes an entire country), much less remember her name.
But on a happier note, the reason why I fell asleep last night before finishing my post (and ending falling asleep on my backspace key) was because I waited until 11ish to finally watch the season finale of Merlin on Syfy (still hate that whole "syfy" thing, just proves that people are idiots and need to spell things a certain way or they won't remember how to pronounce them correctly) yes I know, yet more proof that I watch too much tv, and WAY too much sci-fi (see the PROPER way to spell it). Anyway, loved it, thought it was great, and even though when the show first started and I hated it because it was so dissimilar from the Arthurian legends that I love, it's really grown on me and I loved how they brought the Knights of the Round Table into being, thought that was pretty cool.
Oh and to go from there, does anyone know the Song of Ice and Fire series, anyone at all? Well I do, and the first book the Game of Thrones is now the name of the tv series that's coming out next week or so on HBO and it looks AWESOME! It's got like seriously all of my favorite actors, from Lena Headey to Peter Dinklage, even Jason Momoa (whom all you Sci-fi freaks like me should remember from Stargate Atlantis, he played Ronan, the "caveman" as McKay liked to nickname him) I even saw one of the little promo videos they did where they interviewed the actors over their respective parts, and Momoa is playing Khal Drogo (did I already mention this in an earlier post? I feel like I did.) and I looove Khal Drogo I thought he was awesome until well SPOILER ALERT he died, which sucked huge balls. But until that happens on the show it will be nice to see a beloved Sci-fi actor playing another cool part, and for me it'll be even more happy news because sadly I have come to realize in the last few years that once you do Sci-fi anything, you tend to get pigeon-holed and can't ever do anything else, maybe Momoa playing a part on HBO means that some day I will be able to see him on other stuff instead of occasionally watching him guest star on other Sci-fi shows like so many other actors that I love have been forced to do. Wow that sounded a bit melodramatic.
Hmph well despite my wandering mind I have nothing else to talk about for now, so I guess that's it. Talk to all latter.

1 comment:

  1. Do you actually get away with sleeping in class? Jeez, things must have changed in the last 60 years to so.... what is the status of the car purchase, any chance of you making some sort of payment and also the insurance payments, or is that not possible until you get more hours to work after high school? Papa

    ReplyDelete