Saturday, November 12, 2011

Plaque Buildup

Ah the dreaded return of the dentist.
Everyone has their irrational fears, phobias, blah blah woof woof. But some of us have more than a few. And I know that it's silly to be scared of so many stupid things, but in my defense... dentists are freaking terrifying. I'll admit to not being the best at brushing my teeth when I was a little kid, but now I'm paying for it over and over again with all the damage I inflicted upon my poor teeth almost a decade ago. So that sucks, every year it's a cavity or two, and another drill happy dentist who stabs me with sharp-ass metal picks and then drills my tooth into dust. And while the last couple have been nice enough, I'm getting tired of the judging, all the, "honey you really need to take better care of yourself,"s it's killing me because I'm so good at it now but apparently no one believes me. And the worst part is that even though they last couple haven't really hurt me much, my overall fear stems from the guy who never used painkillers, started drilling without either asking me if I was ok with it, ready for it, or even explaining why he was drilling, and then stabbed away at my gums with the pick things for good measure. So that's why now, two hours before I even have to go to my appointment, I'm shaking from the thought of having to sit there again while somebody looms over me with one of those damn picks. Blech.
So yeah there's one irrational fear down, and for all of you out there who understand my plight and sympathize with me, thanks. For all of you who don't, screw you, I don't like pain, ergo not a fan of the dentist, judge me not.
Any, there's probably another reason why I have crappy teeth, apparently I do the two things that dentists hate; I chew loads of gum (not the healthier sugar free kind) and I drink even more coffee, but I work at Starbucks, that kind of goes with the territory.
And SPEAKING of Starbucks, I love my job more than anything, even got promoted, but I hate the people who come in.
Here's why. This guy comes in right? He orders his drink that costs $3.50, and then pulls out a hundred because for some reason, people where I live have no concept of either credit cards or embarrassment at carrying around hundreds like it makes them important. Anyway, I tell him we don't have the cash to break that, so he sighs like it's a huge imposition, makes some smart ass little comment, and then... pulls out four ones!!!!!! And all I can think, is why the hell did he think it was better to try and pay for a drink with a huge bill when he had four f*****g dollars in his wallet in the first place!
The worst part about this, is that this kind of crap happens every.single.day. Sooooooo, if you go to Starbucks ever, and if you're human and don't live in a sinkhole somewhere, I'm sure you do, please show some common human decency. Please dear god, don't make our lives any more annoying then they have to be, remember, we are only paid to be nice to you! Unless of course you're nice to us, then we are nice to you for free.
Ok that's it, I'm out of stuff now. Have a nice day and pray that the dentist doesn't maim me.

No comments:

Post a Comment