Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sheeeeeee's Baaaaaaack

Yeah I know, once again there is another blog out there that proves that teenagers lose interest in stuff about five minutes after they start. But I'm here to try and change that... I'm not saying I'm going to succeed, hell knowing me...., anyway I'm going to try and that's all I can do I guess. Besides doing this is waaaay more fun and interesting than doing homework and rewatching episodes of Legend of the Seeker and Stargate Universe, lamenting failed shows. Speaking of which that actually has something to do with why I'm doing this, I realized just how tired I am of networks screwing with me. And it really isn't just me that's being screwed with, because despite how none of my friends get my obsession with Sci-Fi and Australian shows/movies, there are others out there that feel similarly.
Have you ever seen a show and just really liked it? I know I have and until I get more than just my mom to read this, that's all that matters right now. And as someone who has fallen in love with shows like Stargate Universe, it kills me when they get canceled, because all if proves is that it really isn't just teenagers that lose interest in things right after they start. Execs of all those major channels are always messing with timetables, and in the case of SGU they changed it from Friday to Tuesday and then the ratings went down, and then those same execs decided that that meant the show wasn't doing well and so it was time to pull the plug. What really happened? NOT EVERYONE HAS TIVO! Not everyone can follow that big of a shift in times for a show and so of COURSE ratings went down, as a lifelong fan of anything and everything Stargate, I know that the show not only kept it's amazing qualities that made it great, it was just starting to improve upon them. And what happens, it gets choked off before it can really get started. GAAAAAAH Really? Are you f*****g serious!?!
I know that there were others who thought the new Stargate show was too dark and didn't follow the idea that was originally set in place by the first Stargate movie, but those are probably the same people who don't believe in evolution and do believe in polygamy, so they don't count. The point is that the show was great... and now the final episodes are airing (starting yesterday) and with each one I'm realizing just how much I'm going to miss that show and that this could be the very end for Stargate and all of it's affiliates, which sucks because besides Star Trek I'm sure it's the longest running Sci-Fi phenomenon out there (oh and besides Doctor Who too) and this is a really shitty end for it.
So to prove that I am better than all those execs I am trying to start what will hopefully be a successful run at being productive and keeping something going, even if no one has fallen in love with me or my blog yet. Because unlike SGU, there's still hope for my story to go on. Cheesy I know, but it works, and that's all that matters to me. And I'm all that counts because no one is reading this... HA!

By the way here's my (probably ongoing in the future) list of unfairly canceled shows, science fiction or not: (By the way you should consider watching some of them, they're really good albeit short)
Stargate Universe
Stargate Atlantis
Firefly ( I KNOW I'm not the only one mad about that)
Farscape
The Class
Star Trek: Enterprise (Yeah I might be the only one mad about that)
The Legend of the Seeker
The Dresden Files
Basically any show on Hulu since they only seem to pick up the ones that they know are over.... GRRRRRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment